The combination of chilli, oil, lemon and garlic is an irresistible classic and this simple and easy meal is made that much awesome by using frozen prawns – already shelled and deveined for you!
Spicy Prawn Pasta
- 50 – 75g spaghetti (or any other long pasta that you like – you can has wholemeal if you want that nutty taste and extra fibre boost)
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 cup of frozen prawns (this equates to about 7 or 8 prawns, but you can have as many or as few as you like)
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes, optional
- Lemon rind and juice
- Salt and pepper
- Begin by cooking your pasta according to the packets instructions.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a frypan, add the garlic.
- When it has sizzled and started cooking for about 30 seconds, add in the prawns, chilli flakes and lemon rind.
- Cook for about 2 – 3 minutes, or until prawns have turned a pinkish colour and are cooked through.
- Add in the juice of half a lemon, then add in the pasta and some of the cooking water to make a sauce, season with salt and pepper and serve.
This is so delicious your plate is sure to be licked clean!
(This recipe can be multiplied to feed as many people as you like).
- You could also sauté some veggies before adding your prawns, like capsicum, zucchini, mushrooms and throw in some baby spinach at the end.
- A surf ‘n’ turf option, you could add some diced chicken breast and cook off before adding prawns.