This is a very quick and easy recipe that’ll be sure to impress your loved ones this Valentines day, and they definitely look the part too!
Palmiers (pronounced “palm-yays”) are a type of French biscuit made from puff pastry and sugar, but in this addition I’ve added something a little sweeter and more colourful. I made these for a “date night” with two of my lovely friends, and with only 3 ingredients, it’s definitely a winner!
Check out the recipe below.
- 1 sheet of all butter puff pastry
- 3 – 4 tbs sugar
- 2 tbs strawberry jam
- Sprinkle half the sugar on a large board, place the puff pastry on it and put remaining sugar on top.
- Press the sugar down so it sticks to the puff pastry.
- Spread the jam over one side of it, leaving a 1cm gap around the edges.
- Take one side of the pastry and roll it tightly halfway, then do the same for the other side so they meet in the centre.
- Wrap the log in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for about 20 minutes to firm up.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 190°C. When firm, take the pastry log out of the freezer and cut about 1cm slices, pinching the edges slightly to make a heart shape.
8. Place on a baking paper lines tray and bake for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
9. Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly, then serve
The perfect slightly chewy, caramelly, crispy sweet treat for your Valentines Day.