A classic and delicious biscuit
For the biscuits
- 125g butter, softened
- 115g plain flour
- 45g icing sugar mixture
- 50g custard powder
For the filling
- 60g butter, softened
- 110g icing sugar mixture
- ½ tsp vanilla paste or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
- Use an electric mixer to beat butter until pale and creamy. Add the flour, icing sugar and custard powder and use a wooden spoon to stir to combine.
- Use your hands to roll teaspoonfuls of the dough mixture into balls.
- Place the balls 3cm apart on the lined trays. Use a fork dusted in icing sugar to gently flatten.
- Bake in preheated oven, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 15 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Remove from oven and set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
- Use an electric mixer or wooden spoon to beat the extra butter and icing sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and beat until combined.
- Spread or pipe the butter mixture over the flat side of half the biscuits and sandwich together with remaining biscuits.
(Recipe from taste.com.au)