A healthy breakfast option, and you can make up a big batch to last you for weeks
- 400g traditional rolled oats
- 180g sunflower seeds
- 125g pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 250g mixed nuts (I use almonds, walnuts and cashews)
- 1 tbs ground cinnamon (optional)
- 200g honey
- 50g maple syrup (you could also add some agave syrup to this if you wanted to)
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 200g dried apricots
- 170g dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Place the oats in a large baking dish and toast for about 30-40 minutes until the ‘raw’ oat smell goes and they are slightly toasted, then add in seeds and nuts and let them toast for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Combine the honey, syrup and oil in a small saucepan and set over a high heat until boiling. Pour over the oat mixture, add the dried fruit and cinnamon (if using) and mix well. Reduce oven to 120°C and return mixture to oven for another 30 minutes, stirring every so often, until golden.
- Allow to cool, then store in an airtight container.
- Serve with soy milk, low fat cow’s milk or some thick, low fat yoghurt.