A quick and easy salad that’s perfect for a light lunch or dinner. To make it a more satiating meal, you could add some grilled chicken
- ½ cup quinoa, cooked following packet directions (I usually do a 1:2 quinoa to water ratio)
- 1 bag baby spinach, washed
- 100g baby beetroots, diced (or as much as you like – canned is fine, just check for low sodium and no added sugar. Alternatively, you could cook fresh beetroot)
- ¼ cup pinenuts, lightly toasted (you can also use walnuts, almonds, even trail mix)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 50g low sodium feta (or reduced fat ricotta)
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2-3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Whisk together ingredients for dressing until combined, and season with pepper (no salt needed). Combine cooled quinoa with spinach, beetroot, nuts, cranberries and feta.
- Give it a gentle mix and pour dressing over the salad just before serving.